Soul Awakening – A New Beginning
We’re quickly approaching the final quarter of 2017. What a year it’s been!
- How would you describe your year so far?
In some parts of the world, students are back in classes adapting to the rigors of academic life. Entrepreneurs are planning their programs, events and projections for 2018. Citizens in the US are engaged in activities to promote/support Democrats up for election or re-election in 2018. Astrologers and Numerologists tell us the long-term impact of the recent New Moon Solar Eclipse will occur over the next few months.
While some can resume fairly predictable Fall or Spring activities, others impacted by global warming/climate change that is intensifying natural and human-made disasters around the world, are facing the unimaginable tasks of rebuilding their lives, homes, businesses, communities and more.
Furthermore, flagrant abuses to the US Constitution, attempts to reverse hard-won rights and laws in EVERY sector, unconscionable inhumane activities spawned and/or supported by the White House administration threaten to foment war, take us back to the Dark Ages, destroy the planet, or, if we survive take us to the Dawn of a New Age! And this is what I call a personal and collective Soul Awakening.
As I reflect on 2017 thus far, I’ve asked myself:
- What is my soul calling for at this time?
- How can I play a bigger role or contribute my gifts on a larger scale?
- Are there dreams or desires I’ve yet to fulfill, and yearn to do so?
As you reflect on what a Soul Awakening means to and for you, consider:
- In what ways has my Soul been awakened by changes this year?
- What is the most important change I want to see/create/experience by the end of the year?
- How do I envision next year for myself, my livelihood and the world?
If you want your life or livelihood to be different or better, given what we’re currently experiencing, take small steps now. For example:
- Engage with a neighbor or colleague whose ethnicity, culture or faith tradition is different from yours.
- Join or volunteer at an organization that enables you to be directly involved with a social justice community or environmental movement.
- Withdraw financial and tangible support from institutions that value profits over people.
The internal and external energy for positive change is clearly intensifying. Be quiet and listen to your heart. You’ll find your truth within…and, you can trust it! Then you can show up, stand up and step up, guided by your Soul’s Calling and heart’s desire to be a power for good in the world in your unique soulful way!
“I believe there’s a calling for all of us. I know that every human being has value and purpose. The real work of our lives is to become aware. And awakened. To answer the call.”
– Oprah Winfrey
Stay tuned for our upcoming Soul’s Calling Tele-class, scheduled for Thursday, October 5, through which we will explore how living your unique Soul’s Calling is essential for your bodymindspirit health and the health of the planet. More information to follow.
Please comment and share this article with friends or colleagues!