The holiday season can sometimes feel like a rollercoaster ride from anxiety to exuberance to depression, all within a matter of weeks. Attitudes change as temperatures drop and colder weather sets in. While we can experience an abundant harvest time, nature is actually settling into hibernation; animals are gathering and storing for winter. The rhythm of nature is slowing down, yet many people are caught in a consumption frenzy—-rushing, hoarding and overwhelming themselves physically and financially.
This is also a time of year when many people transition…I was told recently that it’s the busiest season for florists. For some of us, the desire to be with family, dear friends and community is particularly strong, as well as feelings of loneliness, if we’re estranged or geographically distant from family or other loved ones.
With this range of emotions and activities tugging at us:
- How can we cope, effectively?
- Is there a sane way to move through it?
- Where is the relief and respite?
To ease the rollercoaster ride, provide respite for the multiple demands of the season, and optimize self-care, consider these three strategies:
- Spend quality time outdoors in nature. Go to a park, the ocean or marina, forest or mountains and attune yourself to nature’s wisdom. Allow the sights, smells, and sounds enliven all your senses!
- Make pampering time a priority. Relax in a hot tub or soak in your home tub with bubbles, aromatherapy candles and soothing music! Treat yourself to therapeutic massage, reflexology or a reiki treatment.
- Check into a retreat center or engage in a silent retreat. Make it your way of slowing down, turning in and hibernating to renew your energy and spirit.
Moreover, if you want additional support and relief from anxiety, stress or burnout, so that you can experience greater ease and joy through the holiday season, please join:
The Wright Resort
BodyMindSpirit Self-Care Support Group
Reinforce Holiday Harmony & New Year Nurture!
4 Self-Care Sessions
Facilitated by Harriet Tubman Wright, MS, MA
The BodyMindSpirit Self-Care Support Group consists of 4 weekly phone sessions with Self-Care Content and Group Coaching, designed to help you restore balance and peace of mind, calmly navigate the holiday season, and enhance your overall health and well-being to begin the New Year rested, rejuvenated, and re-inspired! Learn more and register here:
For more information contact: harriet (at) thewrightresort.com