Harriet Tubman Wright Full Bio
“A soul awakening is moving from what you used to be to who you’re supposed to be.
Let the light of your soul shine and awaken others!”~ Harriet Tubman Wright
Harriet Tubman Wright, MS, MA is a life-long learner, spiritual sojourner and cultural creative. She lives her primary values of freedom, justice, peace, wholeness, vision, community and service through her liberating engagement with others.
At an early age Harriet demonstrated her creativity through instrumental music, modern dance, sewing clothes, fashion modeling and later writing poetry and creating altars.
Harriet joined Taylor Memorial United Methodist Church in Oakland, Ca. She enriched her Spiritual Journey with the teachings and practices of Siddha Yoga (Swami Baba Muktananda); graduate studies in Creation Spirituality (Matthew Fox, Ph.D.); Religious Science (Rev. Elouise D. Oliver); Ritual Healing (Malidoma Somé and Sobonfu Somé of Burkina Faso, West Africa); Conscious Evolution (Barbara Marx Hubbard); Metaphysical Studies and West African Spirituality (Will Coleman, Ph.D.)
Education & Training
- Graduate, Oakland Public Schools
- BA in Philosophy, Howard University in Washington, DC
- MS in Counseling, Cal State Hayward
- MA in Culture and Creation Spirituality, Holy Names College, Oakland, CA
- Certificate in Person-Centered Expressive Arts for Healing and Social Change, an innovative program founded by Natalie Rogers, Ph.D., REAT, Saybrook Graduate School
- Certified Money, Marketing and Soul™ Coach, Kendall Summerhawk, IAWBC
- Competent Communicator, Advanced Communicator Bronze, Competent Leader, Toastmasters International
- Certified Agent of Conscious Evolution, The SHIFT Network
- Graduate, Thriving Speaker Platinum Program, Caterina Rando
- Graduate, Rock Star Story-Telling Program, Vicki Dello Joio
- Global Advisor, HOW WOMEN LEAD
Harriet lives her commitment to service that empowers and uplifts others. For over 45 years, she helped hundreds of people improve the quality of their lives while working in community-based organizations, educational institutions and the public sector in the US, and international agencies in West and East Africa.
City of Oakland; Oakland Museum of California, Parks and Recreation, Cultural Arts, Fire Department. In each department, Harriet was innovative, organized, respected, proficient and insightful while managing programs to enrich Oakland residents, eventually earning the reputation of Seasoned Professional.
Harriet launched The Wright Business, Ltd. Events with Spirit, an event planning, promotion and production business. With her artistry, professionalism and appreciation for creative expression, she partnered with private clients and public agencies to coordinate art exhibitions, book publishing parties, birthday and retirement celebrations, conferences, cultural events, weddings, receptions, retreats and rituals. Her innate capacity to vision the larger intent and pay attention to the details earned her a stellar reputation transforming ordinary events into extraordinary experiences.
For several years Harriet pursued her dream to create The Wright Resort, A BodyMindSpirit Wellness Center. She began by convening Salons serving primarily African-American women in 2006. After retiring from the City of Oakland, she transitioned to full-time operations in early 2008, gradually expanding services of The Wright Resort to VIP coaching, speaking, tele-seminars, bodymindspirit empowerment salons, spa days, private and public altar-making and holistic organization consulting.
Harriet is an accomplished Soul’s Calling Activist, Speaker/Storyteller, Published Author/Poet, Person-Centered Expressive Arts Facilitator and Metaphysician.
- Soul’s Calling Activist – discover/remember/express your Soul’s Calling; live your divine purpose, step into your power and prosper!
- Dynamic, interactive talks on Soul Power, Feminine Leadership, and Holistic Health inspiring audiences to undertake vitalizing change in their lives, organizations and businesses
- Her popular book, Releasing Stress, Creating Serenity, A BodyMindSpirit Self-Care Primer for Busy Women is available at: http://www.thewrightresort.com/book/
The Wright Resort is now dedicated to Feminine Leadership and Social Consciousness to evolve people and the planet. It is Your Soul Safari to Success, a journey to prosper doing what you most love in greatest service to others. Harriet leads mature career women and solo-preneurs to live their utmost Soul Expression and Contribution with spiritual practices and creativity tools to galvanize those they serve, and as leaders transform businesses, workplaces, communities and the world. In doing so, they co-create a new paradigm of feminine power and conscious social change.
Learn more at: www.TheWrightResort.com
Harriet is an active member of East Bay Women’s Network (EBWN), Thriving Women in Business Community (TWIBC), Evolutionary Business Council and Black Women Stirring the Waters (BWSTW). She is affiliated with HOW WOMEN LEAD. Harriet joined WorldWideWomen BuyFromWomen™ and was also placed on the Spirited Woman Top 12 Pick List. She is a Charter Member of the International Association of Women in Business Coaching (IAWBC), and a graduate of the Thriving Speaker Platinum Program, and Leadership Oakland, a program of the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce and the Oakland Rotary, as well as Women’s Initiative for Self – Employment and Optimum Health Institute.
Harriet generously shares her skills and talents in a range of community engagement activities.
- Initiated Elder, The Village, a multi-ethnic San Francisco Bay Area group of individuals committed to sharing the wisdom of indigenous cultures
- Co-Founding Conductor, The Overground Railroad, an association dedicated to the abolition of modern-day slavery in all its forms
- Member, Hibiscus Commons, an intentional residential community committed to environmentally and economically sustainable living and aging together
- Health Conductor #95 of the Bay Area Black United Fund (BABUF) Initiative to address health disparities in the African American community.
- Former Member East Bay Church of Religious Science (EBCRS) Board of Trustees and active with the Health & Wellness Ministry. In 2010, she was recognized as the Sacred Service Champion. Current member of Beautification Team.
- Former Member Graduate Leadership Council of Women’s Initiative and University YWCA Board in Berkeley, CA.
Harriet has worked and traveled extensively in Africa, and enjoyed quality time in Canada, the Caribbean and Central America, Europe, Hong Kong and India, appreciating the rich tapestry of cultural and spiritual diversity. She enjoys altar-making & creative writing, exotic meals & nature walks, visual & performing arts, quality time at resorts & spas, fun adventures with friends, and cheering for the Golden State Warriors!
Harriet’s son Ed Wright, is a graduate of UC Berkeley with a BA Degree in Social Welfare. He completed an outstanding collegiate career as an NCAA All American High Jumper and is currently an Academic Advisor at UC Berkeley. He is married.