Evolving from Self Care to Soul Care
Stress is being out of alignment, balance and coherence by not honoring or expressing your true essence, soul’s calling and innate creativity, a condition that leads to dis-order and dis-ease mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually; and is therefore reflected in your external environment.
Recognizing the grave impact of stress on your health in relationships, finances, livelihood, my work with women initially focused on the importance of incorporating daily self-care practices to help release stress.
Key Self-Care Practices include:
- Implementing daily BodyMindSpirit practices such as regular exercise, sound nutrition and proper rest;
- Cultivating positive beliefs, thoughts, attitudes, words and behaviors that create healthy empowering results in your life;
- Maintaining healthy boundaries by learning when and how to say “No”, “No thank you”, or No, not at this time” without guilt, shame or apology;
- Taking “time out” for pampering, play and quality time in nature;
- Celebrating wins, successes and achievements.
More recently however, I’ve begun to explore and promote the concept of Soul Care, specifically in relationship to living your purpose and fulfilling your Soul’s Calling.
Your Soul’s Calling is your true essence, divine nature and ultimate purpose. It is remembering, honoring and expressing who you’re meant to be and what you’re born to do. Your Soul’s Calling is the wholeness, authenticity, integrity, and sovereignty that energizes, motivates and sustains you! It is your inheritance and your legacy!
Soul Care is fulfilling your Soul’s Calling; being true to yourself, trusting your intuition and allowing every thought, word and action to evolve from your soul. In this way you maintain alignment, balance, coherence. You emanate peace and bliss!
Soul Care is living your Soul’s Calling doing what you most love in utmost service to people and the planet. Doing so means that you are in the divine flow of being who you’re meant to be and doing what you’re born to do!
- In what way(s) are you living your Soul’s Calling?
- What does Soul Care mean to you?
- How do you describe your contribution(s) to people and the planet?
- For what are you most proud or content?
- Is there something different or more that you want to be or do?
Self-Care and Soul Care practices are essential to sustain a purposeful and prosperous life. – Harriet Tubman Wright
Are you listening? You Soul’s Calling. Learn more: https://www.thewrightresort.com/