Articles by Harriet
Kemet Nu Know Thyself Educational Tour to Egypt Summer 2019 Some Basic Facts and Overview Highlights
Egypt is on the continent of Africa, considered northeast Africa, (not the Middle East).
It shares land borders with the Gaza Strip, Israel, Libya, the Sudan and includes the Sinai Peninsula which bridges the gap between Africa and Asia. Its population is approximately 95 million people. The River Nile arising from south of the Equator that flows northward through Egypt to drain into the Mediterranean Sea is the longest river in the world and is shared by 11 countries in Africa.
How did you receive support and encouragement to pursue your passion?Or you may have been discouraged and told:
- You need to get a college education first,
- But we always thought you’d take over the family business,
- You can’t make a living doing that,
- I always dreamed you would...
What were you told when you expressed interest in a particular profession?Perhaps you don’t recognize your gift or passion. You may not know that you have a purpose or what it is. Therefore, you go along with what’s expected of you. You might be OK living someone else’s dream or doing a job that drains your energy and joy. You might find yourself in a work environment that doesn’t utilize your true skills and talents. Eventually you become bored, frustrated and unhappy!
As you quickly approach the mid-way point of the year, make time to do an assessment.
- Where am I based on the intentions that I created for myself at the start of the year?
- What intentions have I fulfilled so far?
- In what ways have I surpassed or changed my intentions?
- For what reasons have I fallen short of achieving my intentions?
- What’s necessary for me to get back on point as I enter the second half of the year?
If you’ve not yet made the progress you intended to fulfill your commitments, particularly those to yourself, or achieve your intentions for your business or career, join me for:
Living Your Soul’s Calling Fulfilling Your Life-Changing Intentions Enjoying your Lasting Success Tele-Seminar
“How good it is to affirm your Oneness with and connection to the Creator and all creation; to feel the endless flow of divine love, creativity, wisdom and joy pulsating through your every interaction. How good it is to be at peace living the Truth.” – Harriet Tubman WrightOn a daily basis, we are bombarded from every direction to buy this, sign that, watch this, protest that…enough to drive you “mad” if you let it! The purpose of this article is simply to guide you back to your Source, your Self, your Soul; to return to another realm of reality that I call Truth. Living in Truth may mean that you’re living against the grain or contrary to the status quo or the majority. However, I believe Living in Truth generates peace of mind, such that when all is said and done, you can say, “All is well with my soul.”
“Self-Care and Soul-Care are essential practices to sustain a purposeful and prosperous life.” – Harriet Tubman WrightBeginning the decade of my 70’s has been quite eventful, enjoyable and exhausting! Celebrating is work and fun! Affirming intentions requires focus and commitment! Staying aligned and balanced calls for discernment and rest! In recent weeks I’ve been reminded of how essential self-care practices are to stay healthy and whole; particularly when additional demands on my time and energy compel me to re-establish healthy boundaries. For example, learning when and how to say, “No”, “No, thank you”, or “No, not at this time” without guilt, apology or shame.
- For what are you most grateful at this time in your life?
- As you enter the next phase of your life, who are you being and becoming?
- In what ways are your heart and soul frustrated or fulfilled?
“I freed a thousand slaves – I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves.” ~ Harriet Tubman
Freedom is a universal value. We all want to be free from abuse, struggle, pain or fear…free from circumstances that keep us mentally or emotionally enslaved. Ultimately, we want to be free to be and do our best; to pursue and fulfill our dreams; live our Soul’s Calling or Divine Purpose and share our talents to empower those we serve or help transform the world.
Women Rising, Women Revolutionizing Leading the Movement for Peace, Justice, Sustainability Honoring Women’s History Month 2019
“Women of every color, ethnicity, cultural, spiritual, social and educational background throughout the world are rising up as leaders, visionaries and agents of change to restore balance, peace and justice in the world.”
- Harriet Tubman Wright
I’m proud to come from a long lineage of powerful African and African American women trailblazers, movers and shakers, those who have defied the odds, broken the barriers and raised the bar of excellence in every field of endeavor!
Africa – In antiquity: Auset, Queen Hatshesut, Queen of Sheba, Queen Nzinga to more contemporary times: Wangari Mathaai, Miriam Makeba, Winnie Mandela, Sobonfu Some’ Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira…
- Chart a new direction and explore different territory to expand your horizons?
- Re-invent yourself or your work to contribute your spiritual and intellectual resources in bold, creative, dynamic ways?
- Release the mental and emotional chatter, break through self-imposed limitations and free yourself to be all that you can be?
- Say “YES” to up-level your leadership, expand your visibility and influence in your career, business or community?
- Celebrate who you are and what you do because you're being authentic, doing great work and having fun?